Friday, May 29, 2015

AZURE'14 : Winner Entry 1    


          
       
              And, hence, I am a self proclaimed Shakespeare!


The sole sound of letter ‘I’ is the legitimate proof of our existence in this land of billions and trillions. All of us represent an individual self. All worldly stuff roaming in our minds is totally and precisely the cultivation of our observance and portrayal. Each individual has a complex, rigid, unique and most importantly potent interlinked web inside which may get altered by external tampering but the very structure remains the same.

Talking about portrayals, let us take an instance. Here, we have an enthusiastic child, a toiling house wife, a vulnerable vendor and a Croesus contractor standing in a boundless grass lawn. Each one of them has different objective and hence they adopt different demeanor accordingly. The child assumes himself to be a renowned player, the housewife imagines herself as a commercial designer, the vendor presents himself as the owner of the store which he will own, the contractor as a billionaire stuffed with vivid dreams. Later in life, house wife surrenders her sole identity accepting others’ portrayal of her as hers losing her identity landing up in the lawn with unfulfilled desire. The vender with his numerous ideas urges to maintain his portrayal but lands in the land of uncertainty due to lack of uplifting powers and presence of surplus suppressors. The contractor maintains his spirit high but eventually surrenders it to stroke attack he suffers. However the child is the survivor, maintains his enlightened spirit, struggles against the adverse rallies, tolerates the taunts of the best people around, still never deviates from his portrayal of himself, he considered him as a born player and hence he leads his way.

That’s all folks.

There are countless examples of such instances where people loose themselves on the verge of what others think they are. Imagine if the army pilots harassed and condemned by flood stricken population unlevel their identity as savior of masses, or a social activist daily taken by criticizing words stops her actions, or a writer whose writings are declared incompetent because he took a social issue like racism or sexism decides to throw apart his ink, or a student rendered unqualified for prestigious institutes entrance leaves his urge to attain knowledge and even the next life deciding breathe. Do you want such population around you? Do you want bunch of people tethered to assume others’ assumption of their identity and render their goal unfulfilled?  I think, certainly not.


Generally, the interpersonal and intrapersonal views are equally important. One has to pay heed to the former one to develop the later one. However, we should never allow former to smash down the later and proclaim its superiority. What do you choose your call or external entity’s call (which actually includes haters, lovers, up lifters, suppressors, appreciators, gossip mongers, and competent, incompetent souls)? Choice is all yours. The dice you have to roll.

Assumptions and redemptions always run for each other. Assuming yourself a personality that you dream for, hearing the voices within and living the parallel way leads you to run at a multiple pace to catch the core position that you strive for.
I can be the self assumed competitor of apple breaking all its records, I can be the President of USA, I can hold the atomic power in my hands, I can be the next singing sensation of the world, I can make the cover of Forbes, I can be the self proclaimed Shakespeare and I can be anything, everything that I believe I am or I urge for.

I enter like a shower,
Dripping in the fields and flowers,
I dance like a swan, with the glossy white in his span,
I walk like the snowy flakes,
As it puts its essence and tickles the waves,
I smile and thrive,
As the world’s eternal happiness takes its drive,
I pronounce the spells and the monuments of wisdom dwells,
I own the power to drift myself along the way I want,
Steering the wheel of my destiny as the soul enchants.

Preeti Vyas

No comments:

Post a Comment