Thursday, May 16, 2013

AN AWKWARD COINCIDENCE




'Things doesn't happen twice the same way'....Unless they have a reason.... Some might frame that as coincidence.. but for me it happened twice with the same person, at the same place. Seems strange.?
Rather awkward, as i had the same conversation twice, on the same train with the same stranger. First, i thought of it as deja vu. HELL NO..... Its an awkward coincidence or is it.?


Journey dated - 31/10/2012
It was such a such a beautiful morning. A pleasant day to start. My mom was packing things for the journey, my brother left for school and my dad went for the market to get some snacks. I got up had a bath and looked at the train ticket languishingly. My departure was scheduled at 5:20 PM. I returned home after three months and i stayed for 6 days which was quite pensive. I continued to move on keeping the winter vacation in mind(entire December). Time has passed quickly and i was in the station. The train was delayed by 30 minutes, i had half an hour to spend. But i was in the station which is not likely my home.
I continued to wait for my train.....
Finally at 6:00 p.m, i boarded the train. Even the delay time was not correct, I said to myself and had a shrewd smile on my face remembering the 'Indian train timings'. I occupied my berth, arranged my luggage underneath, showed my ticket and started listening to music. Soon it became dark and the train began to slow down. Hucksters began to board the train. They were in such a hurry. They could have waited till the train stopped. Maybe each and every minute was important to them to make their living. I thought of buying some, but soon realized that i had plenty. I peeped through the window. Finally the train stopped and there was a such a rush. Passengers began to board the train. There was this tired look of waiting on their faces. People started occupying the seats near my place. To my surprise it felt like a deja vu. 
I was travelling on the same train, with the same stranger.
We smiled at each other. Unlike last time he was travelling alone. The train began to move.I didn't think he remembered me as he asked my whereabouts(name, occupation..e.t.c......typical Indian mind). I began to contradict Paulo Coelho, as he said "Everything that happens once can never happen again". He asked me about my studies. I answered. I talked as little as possible, as i didn't want to conversate, with a stranger. It was dinner time and i had my dinner. My journey time was 23 hours. I slept early and got up early. It was 9 a.m and i felt like i travelled more than a day already. The stranger began to talk about coincidences that are strange and likely to be remembered. First i thought of him as an astrologer, though i never cared to ask. Later i assumed him to be some person who might be a huge fan of final destination. He told me of some weird coincidences. Some of them are incidents from my past. I had goosebumps. All of a sudden there was this familiar tone playing in my head. I realized that it was my alarm tone set earlier before night. The picture began to fade away, may be it was because of the music. I intended to stop it. Seems like it was coming from a distance and i had to move to stop it. The music stopped. I opened my eyes and soon came to my senses. 
I realized that it was a dream linked to my past. I couldn't recall whether it was from a dream or memory or a dream from a dream within my memory. Bad things come in three. I had two but thrice is an enemy action.
Hoping for the best....



DHEERAJ DHAKE,
ECE,
FINAL YEAR

No comments:

Post a Comment